Finding a good and reputable one among Border Collie breeders is one of the most important aspects in being able to choose a wholesome, or purebred, Border Collie puppy. Hence, you need to know what you’re getting into when you decide on one.
There are certain things a good Border Collie breeder will expect from you, and in return, there are things that you can ask them. Keep in mind that reputable Border Collie breeders will never goad you into getting a dog. They will ensure the dog is suited to you.
Information Border Collie breeders might want to know from you:
• Reference to your veterinarian, if you have other animals. Or else, your plans for one.
• What you’re looking for in adopting a dog, and why you wish to do so.
• Who will be the dog’s proprietary caretaker.
• How long it will be left by itself, on a general basis.
• Who it will spend time with the most. Its rules for conduct in the home.
• Your present and previous experience with canines.
Things that you can ask Border Collie breeders:
• Are you currently registered with a Kennel Club? Which one?
• How long have you been a Border Collie breeder?
• How much will I need to groom these dogs?
• What hereditary diseases are there? Have there been precautions to prevent these?
• Do you train them or allow them to socialize?
• Are their vaccinations up to date? May I see their health records?
As a final note, Border Collie breeders should be able to speak knowledgeably about breeding standards. They can offer any advice, and answer any questions you have. Border Collie breeders should know guidelines for a nutritious diet, healthy lifestyle and training tips. Always look at where they dogs are kept; such areas should be maintained and hygienic.